Dynamic NPC Creation: Utilizing AI to generate non-playable characters (NPCs) with unique appearances, personalities, and backstories, enhancing the immersive experience of the game world.
- A version of this went viral in April of 2023. Some people made a Stardew Valley-like thing with NPC’s who have daily routines. I recall one of the NPC’s waking up then doing an hour of yoga – like a person would.
Procedural Storytelling: AI could craft personalized narratives based on player choices and actions, creating a more engaging and variable storyline that aligns with player preferences and actions.
- This would be useful for serious games. There’s something called “procedural rhetoric”, where a person convinces you of something by letting you act it out. It’s like when your Mom lets you touch the hot stove – you’ll learn not to touch it, much quicker than you would have if she’d told you.
- A while ago, they made a persuasive game like this called “Peacemaker” about the Israel-Palestine conflict. The game’s only winnable if you choose peace over war. The point is to convince you, through gameplay, that the Israel-Palestine conflict should be resolved peacefully.
- It’s a cool game and free on mobile.
- I could see autogenerated storylines being useful for convincing people of things. AI has the ability to be highly persuasive – personalized games could be an extension of that.